The AccuRAID AR424F8R Series is a 4U redundant controller rack-mountable RAID solution designed for data centers, file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. With redundant components including a controller, cooling fans, and power supply, the AR424F8R provides a high availability solution for mission critical applications. With a capacity of up to 96TB, this array is perfect for any application that requires a high volume storage solution. With a eight channels high-performance Fibre Channel (4 channels per controller) host interface and cutting edge SAS and SATA dual hard drive support, the AR424F8R is guaranteed to deliver 8Gpbs performance per channel. Users could flexibly choose between high performance SAS drives or cost-effective / high capacity SATA drives (SATA drives required optional MUX board). With SAS expander support, the AR424F8R is capable of up to 480GB of capacity with additional AS424X6R JBOD expansion units. The feature-rich array allows the user to configure the unit to suit current demands and expand later when needed. The array utilizes 24 hot-swappable 3.5” trays with 2.5" hard drives screw holes for SSD/SAS/SATA drives, allowing quick replacement and simple trouble-shooting. The AR424F8R RAID subsystem could also be easily scaled to RAID levels 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 or JBOD configurations. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel , the AR424F8R will meet all data intensive application demand.
Note: Please allow 3 days for rackmount testing before shipment.
- Redundant controller built-in to provide high availability and high performance
- 800MHz processor with 1GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 4GB) per controller.
- Support both 3.5" and 2.5" form factor hard drives and SSD.
- 6G SAS/6G SATA (optional MUX board required for SATA) RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Eight channels Fibre Channel 8Gbps connector supporting fail-over (4 channels per controller).
- Supports SAS JBOD (AS424X6R) expansion with up to total of 120 drive bays.
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with hot spare and multiple volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array roaming, online RAID level / stripe size migration and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion / removal detection.
- NVRAM transaction log, and S.M.A.R.T. to improve the RAID system integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via RS-232 port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM, redundant RAID controller firmware upgrade via RS-232 and WEB GUI.
| Form Factor|| 4U Rackmount
|| Dual Redundant Controller
| HDD Trays
|| 24 Hot-Swappable 3.5"
(2.5" form factor supported via screw holes)
| RAID Level
|| 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, JBOD
| Maximum Capacity
|| 96TB, Expandable to 480TB
| Auto Rebuilding
|| RAID 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60
| Host Interface & Transfer Rate
|| Eight channels Fibre Channel (8 Gbps)
(4 FC Channels per channels)
| Expansion Ports
|| Mini-SAS x 1
Supports up to 4 additional JBOD units (AS424X6S)
| Drive Interface
|| 6G SAS / 6G SATA
(Additional MUX board requried when used with
drives and Redundant Controller Option)
| Cooling Fan
|| 2 Hot-Swappable Modules & Blowers
| Power Supply
|| 500W x 3 Redundant
| Control Interface
|| LCD Panel, RS232, RJ-45 Ethernet
| Dimension (in)
|| 19"W x 21"D x 7.5"H
| Weight (lb)
| Limited Warranty
|| 3 Years
| Hard Drive
|| No HDD Bundle
|| 1TB RAID SATA * 24
|| 2TB RAID SATA * 24
|| 3TB RAID SATA * 24
|| 4TB RAID SATA * 24
| Total Storage Size
| Hard Drive
|| 500GB SAS HD * 24
|| 1TB SAS HD * 24
|| 2TB SAS HD * 24
|| 3TB SAS HD * 24
| Total Storage Size
All hard drive bundles are pre-installed and tested before shipment. Hard drives are then packaged individually to avoid damage during shipping.