The AccuRAID AR212F8 Series is a 2U rack-mountable RAID solution designed for file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. With a capacity of up to 48TB, this array is perfect for any application that requires a high volume storage solution. With quad high-performance 8G Fibre Channel host interface and cutting edge 6G SAS and 6G SATA dual hard drive support, the AR212F8 is guaranteed to deliver 8Gbps FC performance per channel. Users could flexibly choose between high performance SAS drives or cost-effective / high capacity SATA drives. With SAS expander support, the AR212F8 is capable of up to 384TB of capacity with additional AS212X6S JBOD expansion units. The feature-rich array allows the user to configure the unit to suit current demands and expand later when needed. The array utilizes sixteen hot-swappable 3.5” trays with 2.5" screws holes for 3.5" and 2.5" SAS/SATA/SSD drives, allowing quick replacement and simple trouble-shooting. The AR212F8 RAID subsystem could also be easily scaled to RAID levels 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 or JBOD configurations. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel , the AR212F8 will meet all data intensive application demand. AR212F8 comes with modular RAID controller, redundant power supply and redundant cooling fans. Built-in redundant controller ready backplane allows non-destructive redundancy controller upgrade path without purchasing a brand new hardware.
Note: Please allow 3 days for rackmount testing before shipment.
- 800MHz processor with 1GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 4GB).
- 6G SAS/6G SATA RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Support both 3.5" and 2.5" form factor hard drives and SSD.
- Quad Channel Fibre Channel 8Gpbs connector supporting fail-over.
- Supports SAS JBOD (AS316X6) expansion with up to total of 112 drive bays.
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Upgradable to redundant controller version (AR212F8R) for high availability and redundancy.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with hot spare and multipile volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array roaming, online RAID level / stripe size migration and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion / removal detection.
- NVRAM transaction log, and S.M.A.R.T. to improve the RAID system integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via RS-232 port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM, redundant RAID controller firmware upgrade via RS-232 and WEB GUI.
| Form Factor
|| 2U Rackmount
|| Single Controller, Upgradeable to Redundant Controller
| HDD Trays
|| 12 Hot-Swappable 3.5"
(2.5" form factor supported via screw holes)
| RAID Level
|| 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, JBOD
| Maximum Capacity
|| 48TB, Expandable to 384TB
| Auto Rebuilding
|| RAID 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60
| Host Interface & Transfer Rate
|| Quad Fibre Channel (8 Gbps)
| Expansion Ports
|| Mini-SAS x 2, Supports up to 7
additional JBOD units (AS212X6S)
| Drive Interface
|| 6G SAS / 6G SATA
(Additional MUX board requried when used with SATA
drives and Redundant Controller Option)
| Cooling Fan
|| 2 Hot-Swappable Modules & Blowers
| Power Supply
|| 500W X 2 Redundant
| Control Interface
|| LCD Panel, RS232, RJ-45 Ethernet
| Dimension (in)
|| 19"W x 21"D x 3.6"H
| Weight (lb)
| Safety Regulations
|| CE, FCC, UL, RoHS
| Limited Warranty
|| 3 Years
| Hard Drive
|| No HDD
| 1TB RAID
SATA * 12
| 2TB RAID
SATA * 12
| 3TB RAID
SATA * 12
| 4TB RAID
SATA * 12
| Total Storage Size
All hard drive bundles are pre-installed and tested before shipment. Hard drives are then packaged individually to avoid damage during shipping.