Dual Gigabit and RAID Protection
EliteNAS Windows NAS / iSCSI Unified Storage hardware comes standard with dual 10/100/1000 network and hardware RAID support. Dual 10/100/1000 network ports supports network teaming or redundant networking providing sufficient performance for your critical data. Build-in hardware RAID not only provides a peace of mind by providing redundancy for hard drive failure, but also allow offload of complex RAID parity calculate to dedicated RAID engines resulting lower CPU utilization from the host computer/server.
SAS Expander support for storage expansion
Supported SAS expander allows connection to additional 7 more SAS expander JBOD (EliteSTOR ES208X+BE, ES316X+B or ES424X+B), or up to 122 total drives for 366TB total storage.
Supports 6G SAS or SATA hard drives
Support both high performance SAS hard drives or high capacity, low cost SATA hard drives.
Hardware RAID support up to 60
New support latest RAID level, including RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50 and 60 for advance data protection in large number of hard drives deployments.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Built-in De-duplication, Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
EliteNAS EN212W+BXE with Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 (WSS2008) provides file and block level storage services that is built-in to the Windows Server 2008. File based access is fully support Active Directory in CIFS and NFS. Block level storage supported by provide both iSCSI initiator and target. WSS2008 is optimized from Windows Server 2008 for performance in the file serving role, as well as come standard with Single Instant Storage (SIS) for de-duplication, Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS) for snapshot and Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R) for file replication.
iSCSI for Hyper-V Host and Guest
With Hyper-V, the Microsoft hypervisor-based server virtualization technology enables customer to make the best use of your server hardware investments by running multiple different operating systemsWindows, Linux, and others simultaneously on a single server to fully utilize the power of latest computer processor technology. WSS2008 build-in iSCSI support enables Hyper-V guest to expand its storage via iSCSI. It also supports shared iSCSI storage with SCSI-3 persistent target.
Additional Storage Expansion-No storage expansion gateway license needed
In order to maximize the return of investment, the EN212W+BXE provides additional storage expansion without additional costs allowing additional direct attached or storage area network storage connected via EN212W+BXE as NAS or iSCSI.
10Gb Network Interface Controller Option for 10GbE Network Support
10Gb Ethernet network Interface controller card is supported for 10Gb Networking. With 10 times faster bandwidth compare to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 10Gb network interface controller provides high performance solution when needed. XFP, SFP+ and CX4 connection is also available.
- Operating system specific design for NAS and iSCSI application
- Intel Westmere Xeon Quad-Core processor.
- 4GB ECC DDR-3 memory in Triple Channel.
- Supports the latest 3TB SAS or SATA hard drive. Up to 24TB of storage capacity.
- Hardware RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with global or dedicated hot-spare.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet.
- Convenient setup and easy maintenance. Support Remote Desktop Connections, Remote Web Administration, and Windows Server Remote Administration Applet
- Supports CIFS and NFS
- Support Windows Active Directory Service.
- Support de-duplication by using Single Instant Storage (SIS)
- Support replication by using Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R)
- Support Snapshot by using Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS)
- Supports iSCSI.
- Supports iSCSI target and initiator.
- Supports Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
- Optional 10GbE Ethernet controller card for 10GbE Network.