Dual Gigabit and RAID Protection
EliteNAS Windows NAS / iSCSI Unified Storage hardware come standard with dual 10/100/1000 network and hardware RAID support. Dual 10/100/1000 network ports support network teaming or redundant networking providing sufficient performance for your critical data. Build-in hardware RAID not only provide peace of mind by providing redundancy for hard drive failure but also allows offload of complex RAID parity calculate to dedicated RAID engines;resulting lower CPU utilization from host computer/server.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Built-in De-duplication, Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
EliteNAS EN208W+BXE with Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 (WSS2008) provides file and block level storage services built-in on Windows Server 2008. File based access fully support Active Directory in CIFS and NFS. Block level storage supported by providing both iSCSI initialor and target. WSS2008 is optimized for performance in file serving role, as well as standard Single Instant Storage (SIS) for de-duplication, Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS) for snapshot and Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R) for file replication.
iSCSI for Hyper-V Host and Guest
With Hyper-V, the Microsoft hypervisor-based server virtualization technology enables customers to make the best use of the server hardware investments by running multiple/different operating systemsóWindows, Linux, and others simultaneously using only a single server to fully leverage the true power of latest computer processor technology. WSS2008's build-in iSCSI support enable Hyper-V guest to expand the storage via iSCSI. It also supports shared iSCSI storage with SCSI-3 persistent target.
Additional Storge Expansion-No Storage Expansion Gateway License Needed
In order to maximize the return on investment, the EN208W+BXE allows additional direct attached or storage area network storage connected to EN208W+BXE as NAS or iSCSI without additional storage expansion gateway costs.
*Optional SAS hard drives support with expansion for storage expansion
The optional upgrade add SAS hard drives support with SAS expander allowing it to connect to additional 7 more SAS expander JBOD (EliteSTOR ES208X+BE, ES316X+B or ES424X+B), or up to 122 total drives for 244TB of total storage. It also includes the following features:
- Support for SAS or SATA hard drives - Supports both high performance SAS hard drives and high capacity, low cost SATA hard drives.
- Hardware RAID support 0,1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60 - Support latest RAID level, including RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50 and 60 for advance data protection in large number of hard drives deployments.
- Expansion up to 366TB - NAS or iSCSI storage can be expanded with EliteSTOR ES208X+BE, ES316X+B or ES424X+B with up to 7 units or 122 hard drives.
*Optional 10Gb Network Interface Controller Option for 10GbE Network Support
10Gb Ethernet network Interface controller card is supported for 10Gb Networking. With 10 times faster bandwidth compare to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, 10Gb network interface controller provide high performance solution when needed. XFP, SFP+ and CX4 connector are available.
- Based on Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 (WSS2008) for unified storage in file based NAS and block based iSCSI application.
- Intel Dual Core processor.
- 2GB ECC DDR2 memory; upgradeable to 4GB.
- Supports latest the 2TB SATA II hard drive.
- Hardware RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5 and 6 with spare.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet.
- Convenient setup and easy maintenance. Support Remote Desktop Connections, Remote Web Administration, and Windows Server Remote Administration Applet
- Supports CIFS and NFS
- Support Windows Active Directory Service.
- Support de-duplication by using Single Instant Storage (SIS)
- Support replication by using Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R)
- Support Snapshot by using Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS)
- Supports iSCSI.
- Supports iSCSI target and initiator.
- Supports Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
- Optional SAS hard drives support with expansion.
- SAS and SATA drives can be used simultaneously in the same unit.
- Support RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50 and 60
- Build-in Expansion port allow expansion up to 122 drives or 7 units.
- Optional 10GbE Ethernet controller card for 10GbE Network.
Note: Please allow 3 days for hard drive installation and testing.
Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008
|| Intel Dual Core Processor
|| 2GB DDR 3 ECC Memory, Upgradeable to 4GB
|| Hardware RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5, 6
| USB 2.0 x 2
| HDD Trays
|| 8 * Hot-Swappable
| No HDD
| 500GB RAID
SATA HDD * 8
| 1TB RAID
SATA HDD * 8
| 2TB RAID
SATA HDD * 8
| 3TB RAID
SATA HDD * 8
Note: All hard drive bundles are pre-installed and tested before shipment. Hard drives are then packaged individually to avoid damage during shipping.
| Optional Packages
|| SAS hard drives support with expansion upgrade - Add
support for SAS hard drives and allow storage
expansion for up to 7 units or 122 hard drives.
|| Single XFS port 10G network interface card upgrade
|| Single SFP+ port 10G network interface card upgrade
|| Single CX4 port 10G network interface card upgrade