Refurbished items may contain minor cosmetic damages that do not interfere with the functioning of the product. All refurbished items are burned-in and tested prior to being packaged to ensure maximum reliability.
The TowerRAID TR5M6G
is the world first 6G port multiplier storage, bundled with 6G PCIe 2.0 x4 RAID 5 controller. It is a compact RAID tower utilizing the latest SATA III port multiplier technology, where one single eSATA cable connects to five 6Gb/s SATA hard drives. Bundled with a high performance RAID controller card RR642, its RAID 5 performance is capable of reaching over 300MB/s. Online expansion is a feature included in the controller card so that RAID could be expanded without the need to recreate the storage space or erase the existing data. Advanced monitoring functions include real time hard drives health status, remote RAID management and e-mail notification for critical events. Designed with easy installation in mind, the trayless TR5M6G allows instant setup by simply inserting the hard drives after opening the protective ventilating cover. The included dual-port eSATA 6Gb/s PCIe 2.0 x4 RAID controller card allows the connection of up to two TR5M6G units (up to 10 hard drives) using only two cables, while all drives could be configured into a single or multiple RAID arrays, providing over 700MB/s in performance with 10 drives.
For more details on TowerRAID 6G performance, please visit: TowerRAID 6G Product Features Page
Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base
. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE
- New 6G Port Multiplier PM storage, with 6G RAID controller, fully support 6G hard drives
- Bundled with RR642 RAID controller card, PCIe 2.0 x4, for over 300MB/s RAID 5 performance.
- Dual-port eSATA 6Gb/s PCIe 2.0 x4 RAID controller supports up to 2 units or 10 hard drives in a single or multiple RAID array.
- Backward compatible with PCIe 1.0.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 5+ spare, spanning and JBOD.
- Supports online expansion to expand capacity without the need to recreate the RAID volume and erase the existing data.
- Built-in real time hard drive health monitoring, remote RAID management and e-mail notification for critical events.
- Supports PC, Linux and MAC OS, including Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 and MAC OS 10.6 or up.
- Accesses five hard drives using only one cable.
- Host interface: eSATA with 6G Port Multiplier.
- Drive interface: 5 x 3.5" SATA, up to 4TB per drives.
For more details on TowerRAID Plus performance, please visit: TowerRAID 6G Product Page.
Enterprise RAID Edition Hard Drive
Note: Please allow up to 3 days for hard drive installation and testing.
| Hard Drive
| No HDD
| 1TB RAID
| 2TB RAID
| 3TB RAID
| 4TB RAID
| Total Storage
Note: All hard drive bundles are pre-installed and tested before shipment. Hard drives are then packaged individually to avoid damage during shipping.